Deborah N. Arthur has built a long-standing reputation in the Fairfax County, Virginia community for being an attorney with a drive for success. Earning her B.S. in Business Administration from George Mason University in 1977. She continued her education, earning her J.D. from George Mason University in 1982. Since then, she has assisted those in need of legal representation in matters concerning bankruptcy, divorce, personal injury, family law, and estate matters. Her joy is to help her clients see solutions to difficult legal situations in their life, particularly in the field of bankruptcy and family law, which includes divorce and custody matters.
Ms. Arthur has lived in Northern Virginia her entire life. She is married and has nine grandchildren, the loves of her life. She is an active member of Calvary Road Baptist Church in Alexandria, where she leads women's bible studies and is active in the women's ministry.
Ms. Arthur assists clients in filing Chapter 7 and 13 Bankruptcies. She works with her clients as a team to help them through the process and to guide them along the way. She understands that the possibility of bankruptcy can be a difficult and stressful time in your life and she strives to make it as easy and simple for you as possible.
For our clients' benefit, we are considered to be a debt relief agency because we help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Virginia, 1982
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. - 1982
- George Mason University
- B.S. - 1977
- Major: Business Administration
- Robert E. Lee High School
- Child Custody, Child Support, and Cases Involving Domestic Abuse, NBI, 2013
- Exploring Custody, Visitation, and Support Issues, NBI, 2012
- Getting a Divorce Case Off on the Right Foot, NBI, 2012
- Common and Not So Common Family Law Issues and Answers, NBI, 2009
- Finance 101 for Family Law Practitioners, NBI, 2009
- Tips and Traps When Consulting with the Elder Law Client, NBI, 2008
- Ethical Issues When Dealing with the Children of Elder Law Clients, NBI, 2008
- Child Custody, Child Support and Cases Involving Domestic Abuse, with sub-topics of Assisted Reproduction, Custody & Visitation Rights of Non-Biological Parents, Relocation Issues, and other such issues, NBI
- Exploring Custody, Visitation and Support Issues, NBI
- Getting a Divorce Case Off on the Right Foot, NBI
- Conciliation in the Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court, Fairfax Bar Association
- Common and Not So Common Family Law Issues and Answers, NBI
- Finance 101 for Family Law Practitioners, NBI
- Tips and Traps When Consulting with the Elder Client, NBI
- Ethical Issues when Dealing with the Children of Elder Clients, NBI
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys